Wednesday, November 4

and so it goes on

Yesterday was a writing slog but I got over it today when I realized I just wanted to jump ahead and get to another scene. I have to remind myself that like Billy Pilgrim in the Kurt Vonnegut novel, it's ok to experience things in random order. They can be rearranged later, that's what a text program is for-hello?

So I relaxed and nailed down another seventeen pages in long hand. whew. I alternate writing with physical activity to get me out of the house and get exercise- the weather has been lovely the last few days. I can compose while I do physical stuff as well. It's that or play shanghai mahjong on the computer. It's a great way to get my brain to work on ideas while keeping the inner critic busy. The ways of writers can be mysterious.

Stay tuned.

No comments: