Friday, March 5

File under- I wish I'd thought of this first.

I'm in the library on Friday as usual and looking at the new books being processed in tech service and spot " Ignore Everybody and 39 other keys to creativity" by Hugh MacLeod. He has a website and draws nifty little cartoons on the back of business cards. I read through the book 'cause it isn't very long but it's amusing and one of the things I wish I had thought of. Drawing little observations and thoughts on 2 by 3 and a half inch cards. Hmm.

He gives advice about being creative in bite size chapters (the book was expanded from his blog). He even has advice given to him by director Tim Burton. " Well, if you have the creative bug, it isn't ever going to go away. I'd get used to the idea of dealing with it."

More hmm. I'm still trying to figure out what this blog should be about and this annoying little book gets me thinking again. Arrgh, I have to lay down now.

No comments: