Sunday, November 8

Unless there's a break in the pressure there may be one in me

In a effort to stay focused on writing I have put all other projects aside so I can devote all my available time to the creative process. Big fat mistake. By devoting all my time to writing I am actually interfering with the process of writing. I need to take a break, take a walk, go get groceries, talk to the neighbor- anything to distract me so I don't get so obsessed with writing that I can't write.


One has to allow breathing room to let ideas appear and take form. I realize this contest demands fast work but I don't want it to be a variation of hurry up and wait as they say about filmmaking. Speed is important but I want some of it to make sense and it's the act of putting the pieces of the puzzle in order that drives my writing. So I have stopped being anxious about word count and concern myself with telling the story. The rest of it will take care of itself. It's not like I'm ever going to run of words anyway.

Keep on writing.

No comments: