Tuesday, November 3

Writing is easy. . .

. . . All you have to do is stare at a blank piece of paper until drops of blood fall on it. Sometimes it is easy and sometimes, like today it's a slog.

I ended up with far too much exposition which really slows down a story and not enough action. Not car chase action but move the story along verbage. For me novel writing consists of answering the question "Ok what happens next?" That can be difficult when I'm in the process of figuring it out and is subject to change without warning. Characters have been known to wander off and do their own thing too.

Some of you may be wondering what this novel is about. It's about 150 pages that's what. It's kinda hard to explain since I'm not sure how it's going to end. My elevator pitch ( tell the plot in 30 seconds) is that it's an autobiography of what might have been that takes place in my home town during a high school reunion. Ding! Oh this is where I get off.

Stay tuned.

No comments: