Tuesday, December 13

12 Days of Christm-- oh my God it's the 13th already?!!!


         The day started out with the phone ringing at 8:15 am. I'm not an early riser and by the time I got to the phone - they hung up-as usual. This irritation happens more than I care to explain. Back to bed when the cell phone rings ten minutes later  and it's some guy bent on telling me about a solar energy program.

         "I don't appreciate being woken at this hour call me after 10 am." I tell him sternly. I have all my friends and relatives trained not call so early. Sure enough, the turd calls back at 10:05. No, I'm not interested in your lame program I tell him, ignoring the hard sell.

         After breakfast of scrambled eggs, guacamole and left over sausage, I rode my bike downtown to do some shopping for this or that but it was very cold and tiring. There was a time, years ago when I had all the shopping done before Thanksgiving. I don't know why it drags on now.

          I got home and decided to do homemade presents because they are more personal and relevant than things made on a mass scale. I enjoy making gifts more than anything so I'm much happier. People will always appreciate a hand made, carefully selected present. A gin and tonic helped ease the way.

        

        

                 

No comments: