Sunday, January 7

This Week on the Internet

 


Let's start with a Letters Live performance where Edie Falco tells it like it is.

 

Think Homelessness is unsolvable? Think again and thankFinland. What are we waiting for, let's do this too.

 

 I found a thread on Reddit where people recalled the stupid things someone said to them:


I'm sure I've heard something more dumb but someone once said to me, "Snakes aren't animals. They're lizards." When I told him that snakes and lizards are both reptiles and reptiles are animals he said, "Clearly you haven't done your research."

I have a degree in biology.

 

My aunt (who was pushing 40) wondered if she needed to worry about prostate cancer, since her grandfather had it. This is the same aunt who insisted that the Dutch are from Denmark. When I told her the Dutch come from the Netherlands. She was like "no, sweetie. Those are Neanderthals!"

 

"Okay well if the earth is round, then how come Australians don't fall of?" Then she looked at me with a sufficient smirk like she just debunked centuries of science.

 

And my autism entry of the week is a delightful lecture by one of the top experts on ASD  Dr.Tony Attwood.

 

Enjoy.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

MM said...

Not surprisingly, Tony Attwood's talk describes me to a tee, except that I acted out more like boys than the shy girl. Thank you for the link!!!!

Marcel said...

It must have been the Neanderthals who invented wooden shoes, then.