Wednesday, April 11

When the Tipping Point Comes.


I try to avoid writing about current events since there are so many others who do so better than I can. When I write about injustice or idiot politics or how the world is going to hell in a hand basket, it just comes off as so much ranting. I can't help it, there are a lot of things that piss me off enough to sputter in righteous indignation. I thought I would get away from all that and focus on essays that would be, well more peaceful and mediative. Than this came along and got me riled up again with good reason. Good God people, don't we ever learn?


The sad part is that this story has become all to predictable and common. The police did everything they could to cover up the story. They withheld evidence, they tried to make the victim sound like a crazed man that required them to kill him in self defense. None of that worked because the people close to this story decided to speak up. Maybe this time there will be accountability. Maybe this time people will be fed up enough to insist this excessive force stop. Maybe this will be the tipping point that changes everything. Maybe this time there will be real justice.






No comments: